Contact Information

1260 Fox Point Rd.,
Dwight, Ontario
P0A 1H0

705 635 1569
fax 705 635 9790

email: ntapley@vianet.ca

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ward Council, Franklin

I am running for Re-election for the position of Franklin Ward Councillor in the Township of Lake of Bays. What do I bring to the position?

* I bring experience to the table: during three terms in office, I have been involved with the Lake of Bays through the initial Visioning Process, when I sat on the Environment Committee, and through the implementation of the Development Permit System that enables us to protect our shorelines.

*I am committed to this Township, my family home for over one hundred years

* a passion for the environment, the natural world we share, and the very real need to preserve this forever.

* as a business owner, I understand the challenges of earning a living here, and with my background in tourism, I understand the needs of the seasonal residents as well. We need to balance both in order for each to work well.

* I am strongly involved in both the Dwight and the Dorset Community strategic plan committees. The voices of these groups are critical in developing the vibrant communities that will best serve their residents.

* as Chair of the Heritage Committee, I am dedicated to preserving and celebrating the history that makes our township unique. We have a great many projects currently underway, and I want to see them through to completion.

* collaboration with local Arts Groups to develop festivals and art shows is another of my projects I would like to see move ahead.

* as a member of the Library Board, I am cognizant of the fact that our libraries are the heart of their communities. I was honoured to be part of the two year process that developed the plans for the new Baysville library expansion, making it Grant Ready.

* Event tourism and the Huntsville/Lake of Bays Chamber of Commerce are both working to bring activities into the Lake of Bays that will enhance our township. A long-term member of both committees, I understand the dynamics and work to ensure that the activities include the Lake of Bays.

No comments:

Post a Comment